Hoover WA110 component identification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Hoover WA110 which doesn't get hot when drying. I've recently replaced the thermostats so they should be ok.
Can anyone tell me what the component in the picture highlighted in red is?
There is no continunity through it which makes me think it is probably goosed.
washingmachine.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
That is also a stat. Yes it's goosed ,remove it and throw it on the floor it should reset. If it goes in a short time you have a over heat fault.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I tried your suggestion but it doesnt seem to have reset. It's actually quite rattly sounding.
Would you happen to know what the part number is as I can't find a replacement under my model on espares?

Thanks again.

Those type of stats always sound rattly.

On the opposite side to the terminals you will see a disc that will probably be concave if you throw the stat on the floor the disc quite often pops back out and becomes convex, that is when it is reset.

You sometimes have to do this a few times before it happens and it does have to be quite hard not just a drop.

Sponsored Links
The disc is definetly convex already and after no amount of throwing it on the floor has it reset, I really think it is faulty.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a replacement?

Thanks

Remove the four leads from the heater terminals, (They are just in front of the rear thermostat, 2 white leads, 1xblue and 1xgreen). With a continuity meter check you have a circuit between each pair of terminals, (2 front ones=1 circuit, 2 rear ones= second circuit). If not then the elements are blown.

Remove the four leads from the heater terminals, (They are just in front of the rear thermostat, 2 white leads, 1xblue and 1xgreen). With a continuity meter check you have a circuit between each pair of terminals, (2 front ones=1 circuit, 2 rear ones= second circuit). If not then the elements are blown.
I've tried that and the elements seem to be fine, it's only just that thermostat at the front that has no continuity. Thanks anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back