Hoovers! Which one???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok - not really DIY, but is an essential tool for cleaning up after the DIY - often used by 'her', but I sometimes get unlucky.

Anyway, we 'had' a Dyson that just clapped out. I'm told they often do not last long (it was a 'hand me down' from the folks).

What are your experiances and what do you have as I need to get a replacement - fast!
Was thinking about a baggless 1700W upright Hoover ~ £80.

Any comments?

Sponsored Links
Get a Kirby - why put up with less?

Plenty of second-hand ones are around, but only buy if it has recently been serviced.

you dont want a kirby, (too good for that) get a henry, or george, they last for years and take a lot of stick

useless but true:

vacuum cleaners are meant for dust only, nothing else

Fix your Dyson - I bet you haven't cleaned the filter out for a while- have you tried it now it has cooled down?

Sponsored Links
Ah, I apologise - I didn't read the first post properly. Oops :eek:

Yes, Kirby too good for post-DIY cleaning up, and the wrong shape, and the wrong weight. I tend to go for ugly industrial type cleaners, around the £100 mark - the kind that would pull your skin off if you let it - then throw away when I'm abused it for too long.

Universal Dyson repair tool :evil:

p3108817_l.jpg

Or, for those particularly intractable problems:

steamroller_pic-8j8r_small.jpg

I go with breezer .Henry. used in hotel and easy to repair...well I did before part P :oops:

We had a Dyson for years (7-8 ), and only got rid because bits were falling off it due to general wear and tear, and we couldnt be bothered with buying the filters.

edit: i am not amused. that smiley is meant to be an eight and a closed bracket. :evil: :rolleyes:

extra space solves the problem

crafty1289 said:
We had a Dyson for years (7-8 ), and only got rid because bits were falling off it due to general wear and tear, and we couldnt be bothered with buying the filters.

edit: i am not amused. that smiley is meant to be an eight and a closed bracket. :evil: :rolleyes:

extra space solves the problem

:( i left it there for comedy value! aren't there more impt. things to moderate on this forum? [cough]sloggers's posts[/cough]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back