hopefully basic plumbing question...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Up until two weeks ago, the pressure of the water in my shower was fine but it has recently dropped to almost nothing. (It is simply an attachment that comes out of a mixer tap arrangement, fixed to a bath). Please excuse my lack of technical knowledge if the subject and some of the terms but I was wondering if anyone had an idea about it and how I might fix it?

I have a header tank in the roof and a hot water cylinder on the ground first floor (it is a maisonette over the first and ‘second’ floors, the second floor being built into the roof). The water pressure and temperature in the shower on the first floor is fine. However, the pressure in the cold tap of the sink on the second floor has dropped slightly and when the shower head for the shower on this floor is above head height, hardly anything comes out. It is also only cold water. But when the head is lowered, to roughly level with the header tank I reckon, not only does the pressure come back but it also warms up. Would I be right in thinking there may be some sort of blockage somewhere in the system? If so, what would be the best way to check and if it was an airlock for example, is there any easy way to fix it?

Thanks for any help. Really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
First try a new shower flex hose.they can perish and restrict flow. get a large bore one not the type for electric showers :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back