Horstman Electronic 7 Troubles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Recently moved into a flat with Electronic 7 fitted. The boiler gives me 2 options:

1. Off peak timer- I set this and it all looks as though it activates but my water does not heat up.
2. Boost Timer- I set this between 2:30-7:00 and water is hot as it should be and I can hear the boiler working.

My main question is will this be costing me a fortune or should it be about the same?

Sponsored Links
Assuming you have a dual meter; power used anywhere in your home will be 'cheaper' during the off peak period.

For that matter setting this timer to come on during the standard rate period will allow it to operate on standard rate electricity. If the water is not heating then you probably need a new immersion element, or at least a new stat. It is also possible that the Horstmann 7 is faulty.

Either way it will be costing a fortune!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back