Horstmann BX2000 - hot water for 1 minute then cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice please, I moved into new build flat around 4 years ago with this system fitted.

We’ve never had any issues with hot water however for the past week, we get 1 minute of hot and then it goes cold. To my knowledge we’ve not changed any of the settings (below). Any idea what could cause this?

9F9422E7-7F9B-4590-B32C-C71010C1B112.jpeg
3128B9D6-866F-48C3-8FDA-8A15B4249BDF.jpeg

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Could be a faulty/failed element or thermostat.

Could be a faulty/failed element or thermostat.
Thanks, we put the boost for an hour worked normally however concern only working with boost on.

Would that rule out faulty element or thermostat?

Thanks, we put the boost for an hour worked normally however concern only working with boost on.

Would that rule out faulty element or thermostat?
I would say if it’s working on boost, then yes. Maybe it’s a loose connection somewhere? When you have it via the timed period, does anything light up on the Horstmann?

Sponsored Links
I would say if it’s working on boost, then yes. Maybe it’s a loose connection somewhere? When you have it via the timed period, does anything light up on the Horstmann?
Yeah when we put the boost on, the red light comes on so doesn’t seem to be an issue with the horstmann. Had a check for loose connection and everything seems to be fine.

Put the 1 hr boost on at 11.30am yesterday had a shower later that evening at 6.30 and it was working perfectly however shower this morning ran cold after a minute again so back to square one!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back