Horstmann E7QUARTZ Economy 7 Quartz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved to an apartment. It’s the first time in my life I am using something other than your traditional boiler with radiators.

I have the Horstmann E7QUARTZ Economy 7 Quartz.

I have one radiator in the shower. I wanted to know how the apartment is heated and second how to use the timer to heat the water.

I thought it would be simple.

(A) How do you set the correct time?
(B) How do you set the times when you want hot water?
(C) Outside of those times, if you want hot water, how do you get it?
(D) If you want the apartment to remain heated, whilst you are out, but don’t need hot water, how do you go about achieving it?
(E) Does the timer automatically change from winter to summer time and vice versa?

I am really stuck. Landlord is totally unhelpful.

Sponsored Links
The Horstmann is just a timer to heat the water in the hot water cylinder.
Instructions here: http://www.free-instruction-manuals.com/pdf/p3133739.pdf
but the basics are - rotate the top clock dial to the correct time and leave the switch at Timed. It will then switch the hot water heater on overnight when electricity is cheaper.
If all the hot water is used and more is required during the day, rotate the boost timer to operate the heater for a short time. This will cost more than heating overnight, and shouldn't be necessary often - if it is, then the hot water cylinder is undersized or there is a problem with it.

Whatever heats the apartment is entirely separate and unrelated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back