Horstmann Economy 7 Quartz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Seem to be having issues with my economy 7 meter.

When i set the timer to the correct time of day and switch the switch to the on position the light comes on. Surely this light should only come on during the off peak times set behind the unit

When this light is on I am unable to use the boost function.

Any ideas as to what is wrong

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Is this a new problem, i.e the timer has been working correctly?

Yeah it used to function ok before. Now its not. The only time the light seems to switch off is when the timer reads between 1am and 3am. then the light comes back on.

Both heater elements are working but for some season the timed light is contstantly on which then effects my boost ability

Economy 7 rates are normally available between 2200 and 0700 (approx).

Check which meter (day or night) is working when the light is on. Do this several times over the day to see if/when it changes from 'night' to 'day' and vice versa.

It could be that you are getting cheap electricity for everything all the time the light is on! In which case the boost function isn't really necessary.

Of course you should report this 'fault' to your electricity company. ;)

Sponsored Links
I can't be as both my storage heaters run off the night rate and they don't switch on till 2300. Yet for some reason the light on the immersion control stays on permanently except between the hours of 2 and 3 am. If if turn the dial and the light goes off I can use my boost function. Surely the timed light should only light up after 2300. But it doesn't. It used
To work ok but now it doesn't.

Then the Horstmann must be faulty.

Give Horstmann a phone : 0117 9788700

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back