Hortsmann Economy 7 Quartz timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, Ive read a couple of threads re setting this but still confused. Can anyone tell me what numbers this timer should be on. Weve just moved in and have no hot water unless we use the boost. Many thanks.

Attachments

• thumbnail_DSC_1591.jpg
    thumbnail_DSC_1591.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 91
Sponsored Links
There isn't any setting, other than turning the dial to the correct time. Shows approximately 10am in the photo.
Although the switch times can be altered when it's installed, those being incorrect would not result in no hot water, only that it would use the more expensive electricity rather than the cheap rate.

If there is no hot water at all, it's likely there are other problem(s) such as the thermostat failed, element failed, fuse/circuit breaker, or it wasn't installed properly in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Make sure:
1. Clock is set to the correct time.
2. Heater switch is set to "Timed"
If it still doesn't heat up overnight, then as flameport suggests there are other problems. You will probably need a plumber's assistance.

There isn't any setting, other than turning the dial to the correct time. Shows approximately 10am in the photo.
Although the switch times can be altered when it's installed, those being incorrect would not result in no hot water, only that it would use the more expensive electricity rather than the cheap rate.

If there is no hot water at all, it's likely there are other problem(s) such as the thermostat failed, element failed, fuse/circuit breaker, or it wasn't installed properly in the first place.
Hi Thank you weve just had a plumber out whos suggested fitting a new thermostat and a new element !

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Make sure:
1. Clock is set to the correct time.
2. Heater switch is set to "Timed"
If it still doesn't heat up overnight, then as flameport suggests there are other problems. You will probably need a plumber's assistance.
Hi Thank you weve just had a plumber out whos suggested fitting a new thermostat and a new element !

If I wanted to verify that a timer was working, I would either stay up late/get up early or connect an electric clock or similar to it. Or maybe a radio that I would hear turning on and off.

I happen to have some recording current-measuring devices, but I realise they are not common.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back