Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5AEDC275-974E-4BEF-9D9F-FC9B81B77FA6.jpeg
F43A64C5-5E49-4A19-9A97-5136936F6780.jpeg
8FA952C3-A5B6-4F1C-B0CB-95C8D87955EB.jpeg
5AEDC275-974E-4BEF-9D9F-FC9B81B77FA6.jpeg
Hi

The hot tap on kitchen mixer is missing the red insert. Net result is tsp isn’t secured snugly to gland. Went to Screwfix, and nice guy suggested Amazon or EBay. Tsp is about six years old, but probably already well out of day. Photos included. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If it helps, the combined sink and tap is PK H Schock Viola Black + Arch Tap.

Cheers

I think you need a screw in there, the red cap will only be a cover to hide the screw. No idea what thread it would be, probably something like M3

Sponsored Links
Morning

Saga continues. This is the mushroom head screw I need. (1.5cm long and just over 0.5cm head width) Just been to Screwfix, but they don’t stock

Thinking of going to B&Q

24F6B7C4-9019-4039-B764-44464A308D0F.jpeg

Thanks. Happy to order them, but head is different to ours. (Our screws are cross head)

Are you sure it is M3

Sounds very small to me

Metric screws are measured by diameter (not by head size)

And M3 means 3mm diameter

If it really is, search for

Screw
M3
Brass
Round head
Pozi
15mm

Small numbers are cheap on Ebay

A Pozi head has an "X" stamped on the head. A Phillips doesn't. Both are cross head but don't fit the same driver correctly.

A pan head or button head screw would also fit, a countersunk head won't.

Hi

Away from home at the moment. The screws are definitely Phillips head tho.

Thanks

Compare it against a 3mm drill bit. An M3 screw will be about the same diameter (just a tad smaller), and the drill bit will not fit the threaded hole.

Personally given the choice I prefer hex socket head, but that's just me. Of course it would need an allen key.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back