Hot tap temp affected by shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a combination boiler but lately I have found that the water temp from any hot tap varies as I change the temp setting on the shower mixer (which has 2 manual rotating controls, flow rate, i.e. on/off and temp control). This happens no matter what hot tap I use (4 different ones in different locations/floors in the house). I need to put the temp control to max to get the hottest water and if I adjust it while the taps are running they tend to go coldish and stay there. The shower works fine (i.e I can get really hot water when selected) and the boiler was recently serviced. The boiler seems to work OK as it kicks in as soon as a hot tap is turned on and stays on until turned off. There are no hot/cold water tanks, its all fed straight from the mains.

OK, further to above. Have investigated further and even with cold supply to shower isolated the water is still only warm. I also noticed that the radiators are starting to warm up even though central heating is turned off.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
your shower is back feeding cold into the hot water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back