Hot tub power supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a hot tub outside in my garden approx 30m from my house, the tub is rated at 30A and i also wish to supply some outside lights and a summer house including lights and a ring main. Can anyone tell me their solutions to this? The fuse box in the house has rcd protection(hager) should i run armoured cable to the summerhouse to a new consumer unit and then from there to the tub and outside lights? If so what size cable and fuse ratings etc, also connection to fuse box? Metalclad?

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing :eek:

All this work will of course have been done last year! :evil:

Thank you

Sponsored Links
I reckon you should be running two circuits from the house cu, one for the hot tub and one for the submain to the summerhouse, is your existing cu a split load, does it have room for another two circuits?

what earthing system do you have?

There are two Cu's in the house one for the ring mains ,cooker etc this has rcd the other has all the lighting and the fridge on it. If i run two cables what size do i need :eek: ? Earth is to a rod outside in the ground!

Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back