Hot water and Central Heating off, Radiator still on!

is unlikely that both valves are faulty.think u need to be a bit more imformative and explain what is happening when and notice what else is happening
if ch and hw switched off does boiler ever fire
does tank stat or room stat fire boiler if raised even when clock switched off
are the valves getting hot indvidualy
if the valves get hot together which is making this happen hot water on or ch ?

Sponsored Links
if ch and hw switched off does boiler ever fire
does tank stat or room stat fire boiler if raised even when clock switched off
are the valves getting hot indvidualy
if the valves get hot together which is making this happen hot water on or ch ?

yes. boiler fires when ch and hw are switched off.

not sure.

when you say "valves getting hot" do you mean the pipes above and below them?

currently, i've just closed the lockshield valve on the rogue radiator. will see what effect that has.

ACL valves so very high chance microswitch is sticking

With programmer set to both off . Turn power off then Find wiring centre and disconnect one at a time the grey wires that go to motorised valve.

Then turn power back on (careful wire may still be live) on disconnecting one of them pump and boiler should stop running and firing that will tell you which valve is faulty

Sponsored Links
i was reading last night about the lockshield valve and for an experiment decided to try shutting down the 'rogue' radiator to see what that would achieve.

well, no water is going into the radiator and this seems to have set everything straight. no firing up in the night, no cooling of hot water. valves seem fine now.

i'm looking back to when we first viewed this house and the guy had a big shelved cupboard where he stored his records. i think then that this radiator was turned off by him. when he left he opened the valve. maybe it had been closed for so long that opening it made the system all confused. possible?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back