Hot water and heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a problem with an old back boiler, the problem is when we turn the hot water on the heating comes on as well even when the heating is set to off. At first we had a problem with the timer not working properly. Because of the age of the boiler I bought a similar timer off eBay. Tried to fit this myself but was unable to do so. Have had an electrician round but he was not to sure about the wiring. I have read on the Internet that It could be a problem with the wiring of the timer or the M.V.

Would appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction thanks.

View media item 64824 View media item 64825 View media item 64826 View media item 64827

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. So if I was to put the old timer back in and get some one to replace the MV hopefully this will solve the problem. With the age of the boiler are the MV easy to find? The boiler is around 25 years old if not older, had its money's worth out of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back