hot water but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
gas central heating.we only seem to get central heating if we run the hot water taps..the boiler is an ideal w2000. with grasslin towerchron programmer 2 motorised valves honeywell t40 room stat ..havent been in the house long and am wondering if its been wired up wrong ..help !! pump runs ok..

Sponsored Links
You may find that your Heating motorised valve had stopped working so someone has latched it in the "manual" position. Look at the lever on the end and compare it with the HW one. May well only need a new motor. <£15 in Wickes, or cheaper by mail at bes.ltd.uk .

nope checked valves and they seem ok..is it possible that the room stat may be at fault .i say this because it looks like a fairly new addition and on inspection of the connection box the wiring looks scruffy and i wonder if it wasn't a pro job but a bodge.is there any way of getting a wiring diagram for the system or a way of checking it .the stat clicks as it should on moving it back and forth . ;)

I don't see how you can say that the valves are working OK if you haven't been able to operate the CH one with the room stat? Y plan diagram is on the Honeywell site. Room stats have different pin names and numbers so you have to ne able to check it with a meter, though if it operates the vlave correctly it must be ok. The valve turns the boiler on not the stat.

Sponsored Links
if i take the motor head of and turn the valve to open .on turning stat up till it clicks .should the heating start ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back