HOT water but NO Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, it's that time of the year again and still fighting to get my ALPHA OCEAN 80FF to heat up my house.

I've plenty of HOT water but when I turn the thermostat nothing happens.

What should I start from?

Thanks
Frozen Burro

Sponsored Links
Well you could start by testing the room stat, then the pump.
It would not surprise me if you've got a motorised valve that you've not mentioned.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As its a combi the same pump is used for DHW as Ch so the pump is obviously OK.

If you have a room stat then thats obviously a potential fault or just needs turning up!

Equally the timeclock!

Tony

Thanks,
actually I don't have a room stat and I am not sure the one on the boiler works.
How can I check that?

Burro

Sponsored Links
Hi, still after having spent some ££ on parts the heating doesn't work.
Is there any connection with water level and them starting?

The water level gauge is broken so I have no idea of how much water is in the system.
In spring i had to replace some washer from the DHW heat exchanger and take some water out.

please help me
Burro

Burro said:
The water level gauge is broken so I have no idea of how much water is in the system.
It's not a level gauge, it's a pressure gauge, and there's really very little point in proceeding without fixing or replacing it.

Hi, I replaced the Pressure Gauge and filled up the boiler as per instruction manual.
NOW a new problem has come up.
As soon as I turn on the boiler the fan starts
and the burner goes OFF and ON,
this is causing the fan to everheat
so I had to switch it off and come to send an SOS.

Thanks
Burro

Leaks are a common problem especially where the 5 pipes go into the secondary heat ex. Also run hot tap & feel pipes below blr (22mm going to rads) if one of those gets hot then diverter valve has gone which are an expensive nightmare.I would suggest checking these 2 points & any problem change boiler

I am NO EXPERT but I use my brain sometimes..
If the FAN start immediately, that means that the wiring to the switch must be wrong!?
I am checking on the manual but.. it's rubbish, doesn't clearly say where each wire (colour) should go.

Any idea?
Thanks
Burro

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back