Hot water cylinder not heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a prima f60 gas boiler, it works ok . Water pressure is just below 1 bar from memory. I have a myson circulating pump. I have an indirect water heating system with an immersion also. My problem is recently when I put on central heating the water doesn't seem to heat at all in the hotwater cylinder.
Now the rads get nice and warm but the taps and shower feed from cylinder are not giving hot water.
Now there is water going into cylinder I checked that header is filling. The cylinder has 4 pipes going into it . 2 for heat exchanging coil, one to tank in the attic and a fourth which i'm not quite sure what it does.
The pipe bringing water into tank from gas boiler is warm to touch ,but no where near as warm as the rads . the out pipe at bottom of heat exchange coil has a valve and a red sort of expansion vessel with a little black cap on top.,there is also a valve on this bottom pipe that seems open.
The hot water cylinder tank is only about 3 years old,so I don't think limescale could be the problem though we do live in hard water area. By the way the immersion will heat the water. There is no obvioue thermostat that I can see on boiler. It has a silver cap up towards the top of the tank which I presume is where the immersion elements enter the tank. Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
images

like this ??

Firstly kev , it is more of a round container the size of a football with that little black cap on top. ..Kev I think it's called a pressure vessel.....it's got like a tyre dust cap on top and is threaded..

Where is this motorised valve located normally, and what does it do?...
Also Is there an easy way to get air out of the heat exchange coil without have to drain whole system, e.g by bleeding at some location.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back