Replacing hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Looking to replace my hot water cylinder due to leaking from the top at the immersion flange. Everything seems straightforward except the fact that there are 2 pipes entering the top of the tank at the point of the immersion flange. The standard 'flow to' and 'flow from' the boiler are not used on the tank, so it appears that there is some sort of hot tube being used to heat the water through the immersion flange. Is this a normal set up? If I had to replace the cylinder would I need to continue using this system or could I use the coil within the cylinder. If I need to use the same system what part would I need to attach at the immersion flange. Thanks a lot for looking.

Sponsored Links
Your cylinder has been converted from a direct using a Micraversion ( ? )

You replace with an indirect cylinder and fit an immersion element as backup ( and to get hot water before the heat coils are connected ).

Tony

Hi Tony. Thanks for quick response. I assume that you would simply alter the pipes feeding into the top of the old tank so they will match the coil inlets on the new indirect cylinder, or is there more to it than that? Thanks.

Laurie

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back