Hot Water Cylinder Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon All.

I'm about to begin work on a utility room extension into my garage. As part of the work I will be replacing my existing hot water cyclinder and having it moved to an upstairs cupboard by a competent person.

In an effort to future proof myself I will be installing a slimline indirect twin coil cynlinder 210 ltr, as I will be installing Solar Thermal in the next year or so.

I have had quotations for both a ThermaQ cylinder and a RM Prostel/Synargy Cylinder from the local merchants, I'd like your opinions as to which manufacturer is better/worse. The ThermaQ is coming in nearly £200 more expensive. As far as I can see both are manufacturered in the UK and both have 25year warranties.

Any feedback welcomed.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
RM cylinders are bargain basement stuff, their vented cylinders are rough.

ThermaQ are interestingly owned by a similar group of people to RM Cylinders; and RM came out of Range cylinders. They have only been trading for 2 yrs.

Personally, i would avoid anything that was linked to RM or their directors, as I've still got two outstanding claims unpaid for leakers from 4 yrs back. Even the replacements had the tappings seemingly haphazardly fitted; anyone would think there wasn't a British Standard for these things.:(

Good manufacturers of unvented include;

Heatrae Sadia (avoiding their Megaflo brand)
OSO
ACV
Worcester Bosch

We have used Joule also, for budget concious customers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back