Hot water cylinder spray foam for gaps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not an essential issue but I'm considering replacing the bulky cylinder thermostat tied round the hot water cylinder with a Honeywell version.

The cylinder is foam insulated so the smaller dimensions of the Honeywell thermostat would leave gaps in the foam of a good few centimetres.

Is there a specific spray can foam type which would be safe to use for filling in the gaps on the hot water cylinder?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I can't tell you which type of spray foam to use, but I can tell you, around 10 yrs or so ago, I tried to "repair" damage to the foam insulation on our hot water cylinder using a product from a certain retailer that carries a product range that suggests its 'simple & straight forward'

This seemed to go well initially but over the next few years the foam repair turned black & started to crumble. I can only assume that it didn't like the continuous heat from the cylinder. I ended up scraping it all off & have never tried to replace it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back