Hot water cylinder's leaking. Please, advice.

Thank you again for your reply.

I'm lucky enough to be welcomed at my neighbor's and can temporary use their showers so daily personal hygiene is sorted for the moment. What's more important - I can have a normal sleep tonight. Thank you.

Sorry to that you have lost your father. Must be a very hard time for you being so far away.
Your lucky to have good neighbours.

If I were you I'd call a few plumbers and explain.. even text them your situation .. there are some good ones out there who I'm sure would help you out..

Good luck

Sponsored Links
Thank you, Bodd.

There's a saying that misfortunes never come alone. Sad but true.

On the over hand, to be completely honest, this situation with a cylinder.... I don't know how to explain it but it made me feel that... I'm not so alone, I'm gonna be alright. For example, until Sunday I've never spoke to my neighbours apart from saying ''hi'' when we met in the doorway or on the stairs. And still they ready to help me by allowing me to use a shower anytime I need, even offered to help me out if I need to go to Asda or some other place (as they know I don't drive). So, yes, I feel very blessed that I live surrounded by kind and caring people. Will find a way to somehow repay them back.

This morning I've sent a letter to my landlord and my 1rst floor neighbours sent a second one. Both letters need to be signed for when he'll get them. My neighbours asking our landlord to arrange a service for a water cylinder in their flat as it's the same type of cylinder. No dated sticker on theirs but I do understand why they are worried about it. So, fingers crossed, our landlord responds straight away, calls in a qualified engineer, hopefully agrees to pay for all work done. Hopefully, this way (2 flats - 2 cylinders) he will be able to get a discount for himself. ;)

Thank you, Bodd.

There's a saying that misfortunes never come alone. Sad but true.

On the over hand, to be completely honest, this situation with a cylinder.... I don't know how to explain it but it made me feel that... I'm not so alone, I'm gonna be alright. For example, until Sunday I've never spoke to my neighbours apart from saying ''hi'' when we met in the doorway or on the stairs. And still they ready to help me by allowing me to use a shower anytime I need, even offered to help me out if I need to go to Asda or some other place (as they know I don't drive). So, yes, I feel very blessed that I live surrounded by kind and caring people. Will find a way to somehow repay them back.

This morning I've sent a letter to my landlord and my 1rst floor neighbours sent a second one. Both letters need to be signed for when he'll get them. My neighbours asking our landlord to arrange a service for a water cylinder in their flat as it's the same type of cylinder. No dated sticker on theirs but I do understand why they are worried about it. So, fingers crossed, our landlord responds straight away, calls in a qualified engineer, hopefully agrees to pay for all work done. Hopefully, this way (2 flats - 2 cylinders) he will be able to get a discount for himself. ;)

HVe you had this sorted this out now?

Sponsored Links
Nothing so far from my landlord. On the other hand, letters sent out on Monday, now it's Wednesday, so maybe he still hasn't received them. His phone is still turned off. I'm doing my best trying to keep calm and patient.

Maybe it'll be time to find a better rental and landlord when contract is up.

What part of the country are you

Have you spoken to Environmental Health yet? If there's no response from landlord by end of today then get onto them. Lack of hot water or heating is classed as an emergency by legislation (Landlord & Tenant Act 1985) , should be repaired within 24 hours. There are big fat fines for landlords who willfully ignore this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back