Hot water issues

But that's not efficiency. You can only measure efficiency against set parameters. The starting temperature has no effect on the efficiency of a boiler. It just takes more energy to increase 1l of water by 20oC than it does to raise the same 1l of water 10oC. simples Get It ?

Sponsored Links
I agree with what you are saying, but you are talking about efficiency within the device.

All I meant was if you put very cold water in - you will get less hot water out at a known temperature.

Therefore the 'machine' is less capable of producing the volume in winter.
Ergo, it is less efficient in winter according to its output.

Maybe efficiency isn't the right word - but it's the only one that I can think of.

...Therefore the 'machine' is less capable of producing the volume in winter.
Ergo, it is less efficient in winter according to its output.
Maybe efficiency isn't the right word - but it's the only one that I can think of.
It's not less efficient, it is less capable; the term used is efficacious, not efficient.

How on earth can you claim to have more knowledge of boilers than most plumbers, and not know the difference between something basic as efficiency vs efficacy?
Without the forum to look things up and the use of Google to find answers, your knowledge of boilers would not surpass the on/off-swithch level by a whole lot.

Sponsored Links
No you didn't. BTW, boilers are pretty primitive compared to cars and computers. Doddle.

No you didn't. ...
Bit hard to deny this one, Joe; the proof is there right at the top of the page in the link, which is page 2 of this very thread.

Maybe you don't quite understand the difference between efficiency and efficacy.

Of course I do - just couldn't think of the word. Big crime. :rolleyes:

Has this become the semantics forum?

....just couldn't think of the word...
And you STILL couldn't remember the word, even after seeing it in bold print right in front of you?

Seems like you've got a very serious case of dementia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back