Hot water issues

It's a closed loop control system, thermistor senses and controls gas flow via controller. Controller has other inputs : WC, ignition sense, fan speed, overheat thermistor, room stat, timer, temperature controls etc. Outputs are gas valve, fan, lights, display etc.

Hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Why is the the WC (water closet) connected to the boiler? :mrgreen:

Why is the the WC (water closet) connected to the boiler? :mrgreen:

Just another stupid statement, showing just how little you really know. Why do you persist in trying to giving out advice when all you accomplish is making yourself look a **** ?

It was a joke FFS - if you think I've got something wrong - feel free to say so. Until that time - don't bother. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
It was a joke FFS - if you think I've got something wrong - feel free to say so. Until that time - don't bother. :rolleyes:

I apologize in that case, it's just that it's so hard to tell when your joking and when your just giving out stupid advice :rolleyes:

I don't give out stupid advice. I answer the questions that the RGIs either won't or can't answer.

With all the BULLSH*IT, have you actually given jonathanhall any advice that he came on here for? PM each other next time girls instead of destroying a thread just to prove who is right.

Not really, people come on here to get advice from so called professionals :oops:, not to read tit for tat comments of two strutting stags. Just stating what everyone else who has read this is thinking. End of opinion.

I don't give out stupid advice.

That's a matter of opinion. You advised the OP that boilers are less efficient in winter, which is incorrect, and if you understood what you are advising on, you would know your statement is incorrect. How can giving advice on a subject you understand so little off be classed as anything other than stupid ?

Not really, people come on here to get advice from so called professionals :oops:, not to read tit for tat comments of two strutting stags. Just stating what everyone else who has read this is thinking. End of opinion.

You'd rather we left the bad advice there for all to read and follow without correcting it ?

I did no such thing. I advised that the colder the water going in, the less hot it will be coming out for the same volume.

IE - the boiler is less efficient at producing the same amount of hot water in winter. It's schoolboy physics. I should know - my teecher told me.

You said exactly that !

The fact that the boiler uses more energy to heat the water due to the greater differential in water temps, that does not make it less efficient. Infact with a modern condensing boiler, it should be slightly more efficient in winter as the temp differential is greater for longer allowing the boiler to condense for longer. As said earlier though the difference would be difficult to measure it being so small.

In short there is a big difference between efficiency, and the amount of energy used in different circumstances. If you understood what you were talking about you would understand that

That's efficiency within the system - not its efficiency at creating a higher temperature output for the same input at different temperatures.

A car may be more efficient in the 'engine' at a lower gear - but it doesn't travel as fast.

Same with a boiler.

I'm not talking about inside the boiler - just its efficiency at creating a volume of hot water compared to its input temperature. Geddit yet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back