Hot water issues

Sponsored Links
Has anyone seen the OP who started this thread? I was wondering if we had answered his question satisfactorily?
The OP's question has been answered at least twice. I'd hazard a guess that he has a combi of less than 25 kw output with a flow of 15l/min.

Assuming you have a combi, maybe your domestic hot water heat exchanger is scaled or blocked? If you do have a combi, you can simply remove domestic plate heat exchanger purchase a small bottle of spirit of salts and flush through, just make sure you flush through with plenty of water once finished cleaning.

... If you do have a combi, you can simply remove domestic plate heat exchanger purchase a small bottle of spirit of salts and flush through...
Treating a plate hex with hydrochloric acid is not a particularly good idea. Even less so as there is no indication that the plate hex is blocked in this case; your advice would be more likely to do harm than good.

Sponsored Links
The answer to the OP is that he may not have adjusted the setting on his boiler between summer and winter. If he has - then his boiler has a low power output and he'll have to put up with it.

It's a pretty sad situation when non-gas people have to correct the non-time served gas fitters. :mrgreen:

I'm well aware of what a thermistor is and how it works.

Can you explain "how" a thermistor works then?

Wiki knows:

Many NTC thermistors are made from a pressed disc or cast chip of a semiconductor such as a sintered metal oxide. They work because raising the temperature of a semiconductor increases the number of electrons able to move about and carry charge - it promotes them into the conduction band. The more charge carriers that are available, the more current a material can conduct.

The question was: can you explain how a thermistor works, not can you copy from wikipedia.
So now explain how that thermistor causes the water to come out at 45 degrees, when the boiler is set at 45. If you can, that is.

The question was: can you explain how a thermistor works, not can you copy from wikipedia.
So now explain how that thermistor causes the water to come out at 45 degrees, when the boiler is set at 45. If you can, that is.

I'm not a boiler designer and neither are you, but I assume it would be via some form of comparator circuitry in a feedback loop. (Go and do a Goggle)

BTW how does Paracetamol work? After 140 years of use - nobody knows.

... I assume it would be via some form of comparator circuitry in a feedback loop. (Go and do a Goggle)...
1. Assume equals proof that you don't actually know; as we expected.
2. I /we, (as in we CC members) don't need to google it, as we do know, contrary to you.
3. It is google in this case, not Goggle; no capital as it is used as a noun and not as a name, double o and 1 g.

Back in the corner with your dunce-cap on.

I've told you but you don't seem to understand.

It would be via some form of comparator circuitry in a feedback loop.

Just because you don't understand doesn't mean that it isn't right.

Go back to CC - at least you can make a fool of yourself in private there. :rolleyes:

I've told you but you don't seem to understand.
It would be via some form of comparator circuitry in a feedback loop...
No, don't quote it again, tell us what it actually does. HOW does it do that?
What happens first, what is the result on which part, how does it keep the water at the desired temperature.

If you actually understand it, you can write it down in about 5 lines max; it is all very simple.
Tell us in your own words; you'll be forgiven for little slips, and even moderate ones.
In fact, if it's anywhere near correct, I'll applaud you and eat my trainers.

I've told you how it works. If you can't understand it then I'll ask D Hailsham to put you right.

Personally, I really can't be bothered. The electrics in a boiler are pretty primitive compared to computers, cars etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back