Hot Water Luke Warm, unless cold tap ran

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help Please.
I have a Vokera Compact HE combi boiler and recently my hot water has been coming out of the taps luke warm. If i run the cold tap then the water heats up to an acceptable temperature. The central heating seems to be fine, however both thermostats (for heating and water) are turned up to their max.
The boiler is about 2-1/2 years old and has had no other problems.
Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Could be diverter valve problem, turn heating off and wait 10 or 15 mins, then run hot water whilst feeling the heating flow pipe under the boiler (2nd copper pipe from left). If it gets hotter then thats the problem area...

Just tried and yes the heating pipe got hot straight away. Is it now 'just' a case of changing the Divertor Valve Cartridge - or the whole valve (or is it a case of try the cheapest option first!)

Sponsored Links
You would need to test the motor actuator on the diverter valve to locate fault, details in the installation instructions. Would not recommend you do so unless familiar with electrical testing, you may be best advised to hire a boiler engineer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back