Hot water no heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an ideal logic combi. Boiler firing up fine when using hot water. But for last few days on the salus rt501rf the red light on the receiver is flashing and clicking but not firing up. Tried reset buttons turning power off but nothing happening. Also when on timer no light and no clicking . Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried changing the batteries in the thermostat? It might just want re-binding.

Do you know which receiver it is?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I was looking at the RX model. Try this:

Tried that but red light still clicking. The link you sent me was not the same reciever as mine dont know if that makes any difference.

20201204_111056.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Have you tried selecting the switch back to auto? Also I think, turn thermostat back to lowest setting (possibly 5), turn off and leave for 10 mins, and try again. @ianmcd tends to know these Salus models better than me. (I’ve just tagged him in).

yes i've got switch on auto because on timer switch nothing happens at all. i will try that with the thermostat. cheers

On the photo it looks like manual (as stated in the instruction manual)?

yes sorry getting mixed up with manual and auto. i meant to say on auto nothing at all happens or lights up . on manual the light flickers and makes a clicking noise sometimes it fires up for 10 seconds or so then goes off.

Ok, sorry mate, I’m out of ideas now :oops: you may have to call someone in, as the receiver is built into the boiler.

cheers Chris for your time and comments , got someone coming to have a look tomorrow .

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back