Hot water not firing on Worcester Bosch combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have noticed the pressure is dropping gradually from 1000+ to just over 500 then I have to top it up. There are no leaks I can see but somebody has just told me it may be an outside leak?

The problem I have noticed is first thing in the morning the boiler isnt firing when I run hot water so its running cold. You can hear the boiler spark but then there is no "woof" and the boiler doesnt come on. I have to keep turning tap on and off until it fires up. I assume it is pressure related as works fine normally??

Cold showers are not good at 6am on a winter morning!
:eek:

Sponsored Links
pressure dropping = leak, no 2 ways about it.
dhw problem most likely diverter

Sponsored Links
I had the diverter valve replaced about 3 months ago

The reason I didnt think it was that this time is because it only seems to happen first thing in the morning? It is fine the rest of the time???

I now dont have hot water at any time when the heating is not on!!!

I have had the diverter valve replaced recently. Could the same thing of happened again and if so did the plumber do anything wrong? How long should they last for?

If it was the divertor valve you would not be hearing it sparking and trying to light

So if i drain the system would that help at all?

Or do I now need a new diverter valve? And should the plumber who replaced it previously not have done this?

namsag - that was happening at first - now though it doesnt spark at all - its just not doing anything and wont heat water unless heating is on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back