Hot water ok but no heat to rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My girlfriends CH was playing up and now there is no heat to the rads at all.
It's an old vaillant combi. not sure how old and I can't see a model number. it's very basic with no fancy electronics though so I said I'd take a look :)

Hot water is fine, the pump is spinning and is very warm so from the little I know I'm assuming there is a problem with the diverter valve /motor?

How easy are these to replace? Do I need to get a specific motor or are they pretty universal?

Cheers all
Carl

Sponsored Links
no its a bugger on them get some who knows whats what with a combi for christs sake

the servo has probably gone and if you dont knwo what you are about you have two hopes in sorting it and one of them is relatied to bob

Tried to get on here last night but couldn't - turns out it's a 242 and I had exactly the same problem as several other people seem to have had with the diverter valve microswitch just not quite depressing enough to make the CH fire up. The slightest touch was enought to make it trip so I just adjusted the screw by 1/4 turn and Bob's your uncle.

The water seems very black too so it may well be down to sludge in the valve as some have said. We need to change a radiator so when that comes off I'll take the opportunity to flush it all through.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back