Hot water pressure (bath)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a new bath and a leaver mixer tap and as the existing pipe work didn't match the position of the new taps I cut the pipe and fitted flexible tap connectors the problem I have now is the hot water is running much slower than before ?
It's a gravity system with the hot water tank in the next room and the tank on the loft floor above.

Is this due to the tap itself ?
The flexable connectors ?
I did have some air caught in the system I think I have got that out now
I'm thinking about raising up the tank in the loft would this help ?
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the other hot taps on basin and sink ok?

The problem is the flexible tap connector has small bore meaning less flow and if the hose is tight bend, it will flow when cold but may kink reducing flow when hot.

I don't used any sort of flexible tap connector in all my job.

Daniel.

+1 for the flexicon

Are the new taps suitable for gravity fed systems (c. 0.1bar)?

Hi
Yes the sink tap ok after a got the air out the system grrrrr
So flexible connectors on gravety systems is a no no
The problem was without re doing all the existing pipe runs the 22mm pipe feeding the bath had no space to cut back enough to get fittings on to step them over to match the taps I'm wondering now if I can get a tap connector/elbow then use a 22mm flexie from that to the existing 22mm
( so a flexie with a 22mm compression at each end ) would not restrict the flow as much ?
I know it would be better to to do it all in copper but there is just no way to do it without cutting out the old joints and re doing the lot
Will raising the cw storage tank help

Sponsored Links
The larger the bore then the better the flow so whatever you can do to remove any restrictions is good.

Are the taps definitely suitable for LP systems ?

By how much can you raise the CW cistern?

Yes the taps are for low pressure it takes about 20 mins to run a bath not to much of a problem but still longer than before.
I will try to remove the flexible connector and see if it helps
The cw tank is on the floor of the loft I can maybe raise it by about 4ft I know this can improve a shower on low pressure systems but will this make any difference to my bath ?

Look out for flexible copper tube, 22mm, with tap connectors. It is convoluted like a vacuum cleaner hose, and has enough bend in it to go from bath taps in an awkward space.

Also, if you have ball-type service valves, they have a very small hole. You can get 22mm full-bore valves.

If you have changed to a flashy new Italian bath tap it probably has very small internal waterways. The flow from a traditional British pillar bath tap will always be better. I am very fond of Bristan.

Yes, raise the cold water tank if you can. It needs a strong wooden platform with spreaders over several joists, it will be very heavy when full. Add a new insulating jacket as it will be away from the ceiling of the warm room below.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back