Hot water pressure for 2 showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm having 2 bathrooms. What's best way to provide got water at same time?

Have combi boiler.

Will I need a pump? Don't really want electric shower.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can't fit a pump on the mains (combi system) above 12l/min which wont help much. Using the showers one at a time or fitting an electric one are the easiest options.

The less easy option is to install a hot water cylinder to supply one or both bathrooms. You can keep the existing combi boiler.

What size is the combi boiler? There are Raindance shower heads which are aerated consuming 9 litres minute mixed hot an cold. So a good sized combi can just about do two of these showers.

Best have a full bore main stopcock and a dedicated 22mm pipe from the stopcock to the combi. A tee at the main stopcock to all other cold outlets. Piping up the hot and cold water pipes properly is important in any mains pressure system. Shower is king - all pressure/flow must be directed to the shower. Balancing the hot and cold system by pipework, aerated taps and outlet flow regulators is essential.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Really depends on what kind of showers you want to have - skin tingling - massage type - overhead rain shower - basic washing - etc.

That is a good point. The aeration of the Raindance at 9 litres a minute, mixed not & cold, give the impression of a drencher. I have had combis fitted with two Raindance showers with them coping.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back