Hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I live in a house that had a downstairs bathroom but now I have extended and the bathroom will now be upstairs.
My question is will there be enough hot water pressure to feed the bath and sink taps now they are upstairs?
I have a normal boiler vented system fed by a header tank in the loft ( next to the main cold water header tank) The boiler is in a downstairs room on its own with the hot water cylinder mounted directly above it i.e. the bottom of the cylinder is about 4 1/2 feet off ground level.

any help appreciated. cheers

Sponsored Links
if your cylinder and cws tank are in the loft and your bathroom is below
long as the bath is 22m supply and basin 15mm supply they will be ok.

Sponsored Links
yep, boiler on ground floor, hot water tank mounted above it on shelf 4 1/2 feet above floor level but obviously below all 1st floor appliances. do you think the cws will give enough pressure to feed the hot bath/ sink taps .I am taking the cold feed straight from the rising main. Everywhere else that I have lived the hw tank has been upstairs in an airing cupboard. Or is this me being paranoid ??? cheers ,Ian

it don't matter where the hw cylinder is, its where the cws tank is and the higher the better.

so from the base of your tank in loft to a bath tap is about 8ft same as a house.

every metre is 0.1 bar you'll have about 0.2 / 0.3 bar thats ok

just make sure you fit low pressure taps
mains pressure taps that say require 1.0 bar won't be any good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back