Hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hot water comes on briefly, then shuts off. Central heating seems to be working okay (although I don't need it at the moment) but I did have to reset the overheat thermostat. Could it be a thermostat problem? or should I replace the diverter? Any suggestions please. OH will not be very pleased with me if I don't sort this out soon.

The combi boiler is Vaillant Turbomax 282e

Sponsored Links
Blocked secondary heat exchanger I expect.

Clever of you to find the o/h stat. That even fooled ChrisR a while ago.

Tony Glazier

Pardon my ignorance, but is the 'secondary heat exchanger' the same as the DHW exchanger or is it something else? Sorry to be so thick :oops:

I found the thermostat quite easily. Mind you, I'll look for anything that avoids draining the entire system. It's not draining down that worries me so much as making sure there are no leaks when I have to repressurise.

Sponsored Links
That even fooled ChrisR a while ago.
Your memory's failing you Tony. I might have been fooled by such a thing, but never was, because I'd read about it on a forum! First came across one 3½ years ago, 9:30pm, December 24th. Pressing that wee button was a favour which has earned me plenty since.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back