Hot water recirculation pump good idea? Grundfos?

The system that worked for a B&B with 4 en-suite rooms was a thermostat on the point furthest from the cylinder. When that went cool the pump ran long enough to bring hot water to that point. Simple and it worked for years.

Not going to do much the the L8 risk assessment on the return leg though is it Bernie ;).

Sponsored Links

Feck me - I don't even like Grundfos.... But the Conlift and Comforts are good. Wilo do an alternative to the Comfort, but it isn't as clever ASFAIK.

Sponsored Links

image001.jpg.jpeg

Grundfos COMFORT pumps with AUTOADAPT are controlled by a combination of the water temperature detected in the system, the ‘Tstart’ and ‘Tstop’ temperature settings, and the calendar log.

Every time hot water is tapped, the water temperature changes, and this is registered via a special filter and logged in the tapping calendar. In fact, even a circulator pump starting will cause a change in temperature – so the AUTO-ADAPT algorithm decides whether a change is caused by pump starting or by hot water tapping, and only logs the latter in the tapping calendar.

The tapping calendar covers 14 days of tapping history (to make sure a pattern is defined), and each calendar day is divided into 20-minute time slots. Whenever hot water is tapped, a ‘T’ (for tapping) is logged in the appropriate time slot in the calendar. When the pump has been on standby for eight hours, the system is automatically flushed for 15 minutes. An ‘F’ (for flushed) is logged in the calendar.

Based on the calendar log (i.e., the time slots where the most ‘T’s have been recorded), AUTOADAPT calculates when hot water is likely to be tapped next, and activates the temperature-dependent hysteresis control 20 minutes prior to the expected demand. It is deactivated again when no more tapping is expected.

Email then... coz I will be in lala land shortly :sleep:
Text coming from Site tablet.... Do you know if Max sorted that outside tap in Palmers Green? Want to put a bill in ;).

Lala land? lucky sod - I have another 2 hours in the office. :(

Still, spending the rest of the week in that dude's back garden fitting the twin Gashes and hot water cylinder.

20180509_145151.jpg
20180509_161443.jpg
20180509_145008.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Dan Robinson, post: 4151312, member: 57625"

i'd be surprised if Buteline are happy for their crap to carry water full stop, let alone put their fittings through the stress of secondary returns.[/QUOTE]

They gave me it in writing. As long as i.fittef an auto adapt pump. Much prefer Buteline to any DIY.pushfit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back