Hot water recirculation pump good idea? Grundfos?

Bernie is also a biologist now :LOL:

Also... worth noting to the OP (and others looking to install a recirc)... if your UV is in the centre of your property and you have hot taps in all 4 corners, or the east and west wings ;)... you will need a secondary return for each “leg” of hot water pipe “returning” to the pump.
Kitchen sinks and cloakroom washbasins are the places where instant hot water is mostly expected.

Sponsored Links
It's got sod all to do with microbiology It's about your stupid regime not pasturising the whole run of pipework.

With your plan you'd leave significant runs of pipe sitting at the perfect temperature for bacterial growth.

Stop giving advice you're not equipped to give!

Bernie is also a biologist now :LOL:

Also... worth noting to the OP (and others looking to install a recirc)... if your UV is in the centre of your property and you have hot taps in all 4 corners, or the east and west wings ;)... you will need a secondary return for each “leg” of hot water pipe “returning” to the pump.
Kitchen sinks and cloakroom washbasins are the places where instant hot water is mostly expected.
If tank was centrally located would this not lessen the need for a secondary return?I had my original tank centrally located which was fne but now Im moving it to the garage im taking the secondary return to the point the original tank was.
litl

It's got sod all to do with microbiology It's about your stupid regime not pasturising the whole run of pipework.

OK Dan how would you "pasturise the pipe work" to the cold tap in the kitchen.

I have been involved alongside microbiologists in developing electronic modules for monitoriing the CIP sterilisation of pipework used in food production. ( pipes are sterilised, product is pasteurised ).

Read about CIP by clicking HERE

Sponsored Links
Your assorted positions as Head tea boy are meaningless.

Cold water supplies should not be at a temperature that encourage growth I. E. >20°c.

Some people even have a coil fitted to a vented cylinder to enable heating of mains potable water to provide a shower,priceless :mrgreen:

If tank was centrally located would this not lessen the need for a secondary return?I had my original tank centrally located which was fne but now Im moving it to the garage im taking the secondary return to the point the original tank was.
litl
That's exactly the same as me. Losing the old copper vented tank in the airing cupboard and moving the unvented tank to the garage which is why I figured I'd need a secondary return.

Showers, my shower is mains pressure heated by a coil inside the vented hot water cylinder, I had considered a plate exchanger with a pump to circulate hot water from cylinder through the plate and went as far as buying one, but dismissed it due to the problems of clogged plates developing and the need to run a pump when having a shower. It is a bespoke cylinder but bought direct from the manufacturer it cost no more than a similar sized off the shelf cylinder. Being vented it has no requirement for safety devices that required regular testing.:cautious::mrgreen:

bernardgreen, 8 Mar 2016

Heated by the only reno in the village :cry:

And the point of repeating my post is ?

Maybe it is the only Reno in the village but does that matter, the system works. ( did you forget that the Reno heats two hot water cylinders )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back