hot water store not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can any one help , i have a grant vortex 26 combi boiler and it does not seem to be heating the stored water . The hot pressure is bad and have read that the stored water has a pump to help pump it to taps and the boiler used to fire up all the time which would heat the stored water but it is not firing up except when taps are turned on .We have hot water but pressure is bad . Any ideas please let me know .thanks

Sponsored Links
HI

what do you mean by bad hot water pressure ?

The Store Temperature PCB has probably failed, the pump you refer to only circulates water athrough the store and plate Heat exch it does not boost the water main pressure, note that Grant ask for 2-5bar min cold water pressure (although they will work at less than this) just a thought does the Central heating work, or is this failing also,? ;)

Hi thanks for replies , our hot water pressure was fine and then just dropped ,it now comes out of taps very slow . The boiler used to fire up most of time heating the primary store it has which kept it at the temperature but now does not fire up unless the hot taps are turned on . The cold water pressure coming out of taps is good , hope this helps .thanks again sean

Sponsored Links
The Store Temperature PCB has probably failed, the pump you refer to only circulates water athrough the store and plate Heat exch it does not boost the water main pressure, note that Grant ask for 2-5bar min cold water pressure (although they will work at less than this) just a thought does the Central heating work, or is this failing also,? ;)
If this is the problem is there any way i can check to see if its the pcb ,many thanks sean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back