Hot water supply to new install shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I'm a first timer to diynot and would be grateful for any help.
Am soon to install an Aqualisa Quartz digital pumped shower and have a query re the hot water supply to the pump/processor. Am I right in thinking I can merely T-off with 15mm from the cylinder hot output 22mm? (as opposed to fitting a Surrey). If so, must I T-off at a point after where it T's-off to the vent? or can I T-off at a point along the horizontal just after it exits the cylinder?

Hope that made sense. It did in my mind....

Thanks[/u]

Sponsored Links
yes you can t off the horizontal or t off the vertical pipe below the horizontal t.
when you t of the horizontal t off underneath not above then loop back up.
if you t off the horizontal pipe upwards it will draw air to the pump.

these are both accepted by aqualisa and won't affect your warranty.

it should show you in the manuals if i remember.
try and fit full bore isolation valves aswell.

18591.jpg

i know they have got them on the pump but one near the cylinder on the hot and one on the cold near the tank is handy.

Sponsored Links
Hello me again. Following Seco's advice have checked out the horizontal hot output from the cylinder. When you say I should T-off underneath - do mean like 90 degrees downwards from the horizontal output? Just that there aint a lot of room between the horizontal and the top of the cylinder. Can I get away with a gentle (say 45 degree) descent from the underside of the horizontal?
Man I hope that made sense...and that I'm posting this question in the right format.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back