hot water system also bleeding into central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi have got Groundfos pump plan circulator.

When on hot water only; still central heating gets warm.
Must be one way valves bleeding? got new valves from manufacturer.

how do I change and where do they live in the pumps?

Any help would be appreciated as this is the third problem this week.

Regards

Sponsored Links
There is two check valves built into the body of the pump plan just behind the pump valve flange.check valves just pull out

There is two check valves built into the body of the pump plan just behind the pump valve flange.check valves just pull out

Is the Pump Plan something special then?

I've got a new Grundfos here, and it has no check valves that I can see.

Nice idea

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your quick response, however not too sure how to download a picture.

next reply Jonnie are the valves together in central tube between pumps, it has a square plug to it/ or are they in each individual outlet per pump?

think I need a diagram for this otherwise could be a flood,

Much appreciate your help regards

Take the Pump out of the system, by disconnecting the Three Unions, in each of the two outlet ports you will see a white plastic insert, this is a non return valve, using long nosed pliers, you should be able to pull the faulty inserts out, however sometimes they break up, in this case you will have to gouge them out with a screwdriver or whatever helps, make sure all of the old insert is removed, the new inserts just push in,
Refit the pump open the isolation valves vent the pumps and test

should take about half an hour ;)

Brilliant, many thanks Johnd now I can bore people with holiday snaps.

but thanks boilerman2 that description is spot on will attack it tomorrow.

many thanks to all, my knowledge is diesel cars so hope to help someone else in time

OOI, is this check valve a thing that can be put into ordinary Grundfos pumps? My old mum has separate pump for CH and DHW and a check valve would be useful. An ordinary brass 28mm compression check valve is very expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back