Hot water takes a long time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Simie Format C Combi Boiler 18months old. It was working perfectly well but now it takes an age for the hot water to come through.

Previously it got hot very quickly.but this has happened over the last few days. It is only 6 metres from the boiler to the first tap.

Sponsored Links
Where will I find the diaphrgm, and is it a diy job or not. Is there a way to test it. If we turn the tap right down, the water heats up again but cools if you turn the tap back up.

I have undertaken some additional tests. It seems that the dhw is only avaiable when the central heating is on. I turned the heating off and there is no hot water at all. The boiler is not firing up, hence no hot water. When I turn the central heating back on then we have the boiler firing up and luke warm water at the tap.

Does this additional info re-inforce the diaphram problem or could it be something else?

Also looking at purchasing diaphram, but Sime seem to want me to buy a full diverter valve. Can the valve be repaired or is it a full valve replacement?

Sponsored Links
Sounds pretty conclusive.
You're right they don't sell the diaphragm separately.
So one's answer is that you have to buy the whole part.
If one were doing it oneself the diaphragm would probably be recognised as a standard Italian part and replaced by one of the ten or so one carries.

Thanks for your reply, if you worked in this area then we would probably ask you to come and do the work, but fainling that, do you fancy selling us one of you diaphragms????????????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back