hot water tank on a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently added a new radiator to a hairdressers I do some work in. They use the combi boiler for hot water in the salon and a hot water tank running on zone valves from the central heating to heat a tank for the staff kitchen. My problem is since the new rad was added the tank wont heat up. What do I need to check to get it working again? Is it a case of further bleeding? as all the rads heat up fine.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Try turning off all the rads besides the one that won't heat up and switch the heating on, maye be a little blockage or an airlock.

no, the rads are fine but the hot water tank running from the rads isn't heating up.

Sponsored Links
Is it a case of further bleeding? .

Do you sit there for ages letting water out of an air vent thinking that this is called bleeding the system?
You either did get the air out or you didn't. Have you checked for high points where there may or may not be a bleed valve. What about the flow pipe just before it goes into the cylinder. Is there a bleed point there?
Close off all the rads and see if the heat goes to the cylinder.
Is the zone valve opening?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back