Hot Water Tap flows then slows down

GAW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

i recently changed my bath/ basin and had to drain the water down, not realising i had to close the cold water feed to my cylinder, and now i have no pressure in my Hot taps.

they are gravity fed into an indirect cylinder, i think i may have an air lock in the cylinder if thats possible, as i am not a plumber i wouldnt Know,

can anyone help me get my pressure back, as the misses is driving me crazy?

Cheers :confused:

Sponsored Links
could be the shut off valve is broke. Do the other hot taps work?

Everything is still the same its when i took the power shower off as i was tilling, the misses pulled the cord not sure if it turned on or not, she didnt say but that may of sucked some pressure out of the cylinder as its on a surey valve. how do i re-pressurise the cylinder? or wouldnt this help :confused:

Sponsored Links
all the hot taps start off ok then slow down with no pressure

Your first 2 posts are a bit contradictory, Unless your pressure was nonexistant before the work was started.

sounds like it could be an air lock.could try, if you have a kitchen mixer tap off mains cold.to open both taps with your hand over the spout.so your basically pushing mains back up the hot to get rid off the airlock.could also be as mentioned.and more so if youve used an old gate valve to shut the supply off.that its broke while turning back on the supply.also check the cws for partial blockage to the cylinder feed.

the main feed pipe on the gate valve i can hear trickling when i turn the hot tap on, im not sure if it is that old but it could be broken, ill try the mixer tap in the kitchen,

cheers

If you have a mixer tap in the kitchen then this is easy to fix.

1. Open hot tap on mixer in kitchen, place the palm of your hand under the tap spout (where water comes out from)

2. Slowly open the cold tap, you can feel water going from the cold side going up the hot tap.

3. I normally wait 30 seconds.

4. Turn off cold tap.

5. Remove hand from spout and hopefully the water will flow from the tap, first cold then turning hot. (if you have hot water in your cylinder) It may splutter a bit but that is the air coming out.

Andy

:D Thanks its all working now!!!!!!!!!! quite an easy fix cheers guys.

Grant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back