Hot water tap SCALDING hot.

This is the the third thread I've read on here in the last few weeks where someone didn't realise that they had an immersion heater always on. I wonder how many there must be nationwide, costing how much in unnecessary electricity?

What could be done to fix it? I'd start by always labelling the switch! Do the heating engineers here fit anonymous switches for immersions, or labelled ones? Why?

Sponsored Links
This is the the third thread I've read on here in the last few weeks where someone didn't realise that they had an immersion heater always on. I wonder how many there must be nationwide, costing how much in unnecessary electricity?

What could be done to fix it? I'd start by always labelling the switch! Do the heating engineers here fit anonymous switches for immersions, or labelled ones? Why?
Interestingly enough, when I had a new system fitted, the guys left the house having completed the job only to have left the immersion switched on. I noticed it however within the hour when doing a recce of their work. That has since happened to 2 others I know that had new systems fitted. Not the end of the world but typically expected with my experience of the low standards amongst trades today.

The best thing for immersion heaters is a time-lag switch which only powers on for an hour or so, before switching off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back