Hot water temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I recently converted a bedroom into an en suite, which was separated from my main bedroom by a stud wall. To get the water supply i teed off from the pipes that come up to the bath/shower and fed them under the stud wall. The hot water goes to a sink and a shower. Since i teed into my system the temperature of the hot water in the bath has dropped, and the temperature in the new shower is the same. The water is warm enough to have a shower but never requires any cold. Before the water would be red hot so i would have to apply cold. The orginal sink in the bathroom still gets red hot and the kitchen tap down stairs still gets red hot, therefore i ruled out my boiler (combi boiler).

Can anyone explain why the hot water is not as hot in the shower and the bath compared to other places in the system?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
yes i live in a hard water area, no i didnt insulate the pipes, but surely if they were not insulated before it shouldnt make a difference (orginal bathroom that is)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back