Hot water unvented cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the unvented cylinder in my daughter's flat.The defective one is a Trident and they are out of business so no guarantee.
I have 2 quotes from plumbers for (1) an OSO 200 litre & (2) a Santon 210 litre Premier Plus
Coincidentally both quotes are £930 plus Vat
I would be very grateful if anyone could advise which is in your experience the better quality system to install?
Thank you in anticipation
Richard51

Sponsored Links
But I like the Santon.

Then I have to admit I have never fitted an OSO.

Whats failed in the existing one?

Tony

The existing cylinder has deteriorated internally and rust is flowing out with the water.Also the immersion has gone and my daughter is not getting any hot water.
When I bought the flat 10 months ago the surveyor gave the plumbing a "1"meaning the plumbing system was defect free.

Sponsored Links
When I bought the flat 10 months ago the surveyor gave the plumbing a "1"meaning the plumbing system was defect free.

Yeah, but that probably means that water comes out of the taps, and the heating was on :)

They normally have disclaimers about not inspecting services properly anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back