Hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we're constantly finding that running the bath drains pretty much all the hot water, washing machine and dishwasher is cold feed only. We've always liked the idea of fitting a shower in place of the airing cupboard (its in the corner of the bathroom) and with a bath making us low on hot water I guess I have 3 options:

1) Run the immersion longer
2) Get a larger hot water tank
3) Get a combi boiler

Obviously the combi boiler option is the more expensive but would I see benefit in the long run such as more effecient, cheaper to heat the water as its used etc thus allowing us to have the shower cubicle ;)

Is there a rule of thumb for pricing a boiler change like this?

Sponsored Links
would you not consider putting an electric or a thermostatic shower over the bath and put up a bath shower screen or curtain :?:

A combi is the only choice as it liberates needed space. It will also be much cheaper to run in gas used.

Look at a the Broag Avantapluc 39C combi - better and cheaper than a Vaillant with a superior control system and a 5 year guarantee. It is well priced and has integral weather compensation control - buy the outside sensor. It is £917 inc VAT, that is very well priced for a 40kW boiler.

http://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/DEF/c.../Central Heating Boilers/Broag Remeha Boilers

Look at the combi options pages 17 to 21. The outside senors etc, are extra.
http://www.avantaplus.com/docs/Issue 5 -Avanta Schematics Booklet.pdf

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replys, a combi boiler is out of my budget at the moment, I do already have a shower over the bath but an actual walk in shower would be much better, I could possible move the hot water tank to the loft if I really wanted to, but my main problem at the moment is it takes the full tank of hot water to have the bath how she likes it, I assume they make varied sized hot water cylinders, do they need to be flushed at all just a thought, the tank must be about 900mm tall, its got a jacket etc

A gas instant water heater like a Rinnai 16 wouild give you a cheap and constant flow of hot water.

About £1000 installed if the gas supply is close by.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back