Hotpoin Aquarius WML520p stops before spin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine has started to stop before the spin... or perhaps rinse. In actual fact I have noticed that at times it stops at other various points of a cycle depending which program I use, but mainly before the spin. The door lock also flashes. The door lock sometimes also flashes before the wash starts, hence unable to progress.

I found the way around all these problems is switch off the machine from the wall and re switch after 10-15 seconds. It sort of resets itself, then re-programme the machine wherever it left and all is done. This is not happening all the time... but probably half the time the machine is used.

My instincts are telling me it is a motherboard problem, but could it be something else causing the issues that I need to look at before I dish over £100 for a new one?

Your advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I took out and opened the door lock. Could find nothing wrong with it and put it back. However, I ordered a new one just in case. Then it dawned on me I never took the filter out since I bought it ten years ago.

There was some sludge there clogging it, caused by undissolved washing powder. After a good clean now the machine has been working faultless. I've done at least ten washes on different programmes since then and has not failed once.

Looks like it is sorted.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back