Hotpoint 1st Edition 1000 wont turn on..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Really hoping someone here can help, got the old washing machine in the title with a small problem... The door got stuck shut for some reason but managed to get it unlocked - had to take the lid off and press the little latch on the back of the door lock to do so - put it back together but now the thing wont start at all...

I've checked all the connections in case I caught something (also looked for some kind of lid-switch in case there was something to stop it running with the lid off) the fuse in the plug etc. Had a look through the net and came across suggestions regarding the vacuum pipe thing getting blocked so checked that at well - can blow air through it towards the drum and can blow air to the solenoid thing and hear it clicking under positive pressure but I'm not sure if that proves anything?

Any ideas? Really can't afford to get a new washer at the moment!

Thanks in anticipation!

Sponsored Links
Check the timer for burnt track. It wil be on top at the from where the first black connector is. If it's lifted the Track then resolder and replace door lock. What date code have you got on the door lock has it ever been replaced.

Thanks for that, I'll have a check later. As for date code, no idea, I'll check that as well but I doubt it's ever been replaced, washer belonged to my friend who bought it, used it for a couple of years until she moved in with her boyfriend and it sat in storage until I took it off her hands a couple of years ago after my last one died a death!

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back