Hotpoint Aqualitis Tumble dryer Leaking water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Hotpoint Aqualitis AQC94F7E1M Tumble dryer (just over one year old, obviously!) which is leaking water underneath the machine. The clothes are coming out dry but no water is collecting in the water tank so I suspect something is going wrong between the drum and the tank but not sure where to look.

The filters are cleaned after each cycle, it lives in the kitchen which is warm enough, there is a good few inches of airflow around the machine. I was experiencing the problem while it was in the garage but moved in in as it was too cold out there. first two cycles worked ok and the tank needed emptying but in the last week it has reverted to coming out of the back again.

Any help would be appreciated and if possible guidance as clear as - I'm not great with appliances so 'clear the pump' on it's own may not be that helpful for me :)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
OK, so there is more to the mystery...

I had a surf around and found a post by espares which said if water is not collecting then you most likely have a pump and float switch failure. Seems to make sense so went to have a look at the mechanism ( figured what the hell if it is bust anyway I can't do any damage). Anyway, the housing seemed a little fragile so I didn't take it all the way out and inspect it and out if back as a weekend job when the kids are out.

Now on the next cycle water has collected in the drawer. The last time it sprang back to working order was after I moved it back from the garage (lots of jostling about) and I wondered if this could mean there is a blockage or debris in the housing which is moving about and causing intermittent issues. How likely is this? Has anyone ever seen a blocked pump and float with debris??? Just after some guidance if possible before I take the unit apart to see

Any questions or advise???

Thanks

The float / pump chamber can block up with wet fluff and unused detergent polymer, especially if you run regular fast wash cycles in your washing machine.
You can easily remove the float cover by inserting a flat blade screw driver into the clips which fit into the back plate and ease them to the left while withdrawing the cover back. The entrance to the float chamber is very small so it can block up from time to time.
Its is a goid idea to, when you remove the condenser to clean it, reach your arm into the space where the condenser sits and feel for a gutter at the back, immediately behind the float chamber. Clean this out regularly too. Check the seal on the front of the condenser hasn't come off or worn out too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back