Hotpoint aquarious washer drier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My machine fills with water then cuts out and trips the house ring main
When I empty out the water the machine will spin. but when I run a full wash cycle it trips the ring main again.

any suggestions

Markr

Sponsored Links
if you are saying that it fills, stops filling when it should then a short while later, heater is at fault needs new one

breezer said:
if you are saying that it fills, stops filling when it should then a short while later, heater is at fault needs new one

Maybe but why would it trip the house ring main, and not blow the inline fuse within the machine?

Markr

i suspect its an earth fault, either your rcd is tripping or the mcb trips quicker than the plug fuse

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
i suspect its an earth fault, either your rcd is tripping or the mcb trips quicker than the plug fuse

Do you know where the heater is in the machine?
Thanks for your help Breezer.

markr

yes.
its in the front.

you have to UNPLUG M/C, take the lid off, timer knobs, soap drawer, undo facia, remove door seal retainer, remove door seal, remove front panel screws, remove door interlock, remove bottom front panel screws and there it is.

Rmove plastic heater cover, remove heater wires, undo heater nut remove heater, remove heater retaining bracket from heater.

reverse the process.

easy when you know how, but i wouldn't recomend it.

did you know hotpoint parts are free for 5 years, worth calling hotpoint to get engineer to do it.

breezer said:
yes.
its in the front.

you have to UNPLUG M/C, take the lid off, timer knobs, soap drawer, undo facia, remove door seal retainer, remove door seal, remove front panel screws, remove door interlock, remove bottom front panel screws and there it is.

Rmove plastic heater cover, remove heater wires, undo heater nut remove heater, remove heater retaining bracket from heater.

reverse the process.

easy when you know how, but i wouldn't recomend it.

did you know hotpoint parts are free for 5 years, worth calling hotpoint to get engineer to do it.

Cheers Breezer

I think i will call Hotpoint.
Markr

Before you commit yourself, ask Hotpoint what their callout charge will be, I think it is currently £90. An independent engineer would probably charge you about £45 to supply and fit a new heater.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back