Hotpoint Aquarius DF62 dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my faithful dishwasher (DF62) has hit a snag.

Lights are on but no-one's home as it were: switches on but won't fill and just sits there, whirring away, without the dial going any further round.

You can whizz it on (the dial, manually) and it will fill on what must be the rinse cycle I think.

Then empties OK but there is a small leak somewhere too.

Dealer locally said it was the control panel straight away (uneconomical repair) and promptly told me all about his new Bosch models :)

Is he right? Any other obvious checks or (basic) remedial first that's worth a go?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Tip the dishwasher on its side any water coming out. Also check and clean the matrix in the left hand side .

Tip the dishwasher on its side any water coming out. Also check and clean the matrix in the left hand side .

Thanks Rocks.

Real dishwasher repair newby here though, sorry.

I guess I take the lid (top) off first to get at the sides?

Then, what is the Matrix please?

Sponsored Links
Yes lid and left side panel. Matrix is the big ribbed clear plastic on the side you can't miss it.

Yes lid and left side panel. Matrix is the big ribbed clear plastic on the side you can't miss it.

And what do I do with it / what, exactly, am I checking for when I find it please?

Is it to do with the water filling or draining?

Remove it and clean any gunk in it.

Remove it and clean any gunk in it.

Thanks again Rocks.

Just on the tipping it - bit, am I to expect gallons or a small(ish) 'residue' ?

(Towels at the ready etc.)

It seemed to drain OK after the rinse cycle.

If there's water in the base it won't fill on the first fill.

oK, gotcha (I think) : )

Thanks.

Will give it a whirl - I have just been commandeered to do ano important electrical job: the Christmas lights first !

Let you know how I get on.

Would that ( if the matrix is gunky) also prevent it from a rinse 'fill' though ?

Mmm, in which case, it might not be that as it does, at some stage (& I think it's the rinse fill) call for water & fill up & drain subsequently.

I'll do as you suggest anyway I the first instance, as, I assume it's first things first to eliminate the obvious (to some :D ) issues.

Catch you later, thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back