Hotpoint Aquarius Dishwasher Draining problem

Sponsored Links
I hope i don't sound as if I'm hijacking but have the same 'draining' problem on my Hotpoint Aquarius DF62 Dishwasher - does not drain at the end of cycle. Clear water is collected at the bottom about 2/3 in (50/75mm). To drain, I've to start the machine again and leave 'on' for about 30/40 seconds.
Any help & repair hints will be appreciated. .

Just had same problem with my Aquarius DWF31 myself, engineer had a look and water chamber on left hand side of machine was blocked with gunk and limescale so water was overflowing out of air valve into base of dishwasher and activating some sort of overflow protection. Quoted £190 to fix and part would be special order and could take months so I decided not to bother as dishwasher is nearly ten years old. Was going to buy new one but seemed OTT for what seemed to me like it ought to be a simple fix so decided to uncouple the water tank from pipes below (get towels ready, lots of water on floor!) and try to unblock it. Plenty of neat bleach poured down tubes, a few pipecleaners and lots of patience and it was totally unblocked, fixed back on and now working good as new! Hope this helps anyone with similar problem, certainly worth giving it a go. (Oh and apparently this particular model was made for Hotpoint by Bosch so if anyone needs spares that might be worth knowing) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back