Hotpoint Aquarius dishwasher issue

Lav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have the above machine and have noticed recently that the lid of the compartment that houses the washing powder/tablets opens quite soon after the wash commences, which results in the tablet dropping to the bottom of the unit.

As stated above, I have only noticed this recently (when I stopped a cycle to put in additional items for cleaning) so I am unsure if this is normal operating procedure or if is a fault.

Grateful if anyone could confirm which of the two it might be (normal or abnormal) and if it is a fault, what the cause may be please ?

Many thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
The dispenser should open early in the wash programme. If your dispenser has a flap that opens upward then the tablet isn't dropping to the bottom.............. until you open the door.

Thanks Sleepyhead

The door of the compartment actually opens sideways and there is nothing then to stop the tablet from falling out when the door is fully closed, but I appreciate the confirmation that this is normal operating procedure and not something that I need to be concerned with.

Andy

OK, I know the machine, used to have one. The door does open very soon after the main wash starts.

Sponsored Links
OK, I know the machine, used to have one. The door does open very soon after the main wash starts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back